Monday, January 22, 2007

I've got a new number! (116 days left!)

I got a new number today. Yup, the grand ole government has decreed that two numbers is not enough for one entity so I now have a number validating my right to have employees. Celebrate America, I'm now legally obligated to pay more money into the tax structure!

Ah. To be so numbered is a bliss unparalelled in all of the world.

There's a lot going on right now, most of which is chasing the big bucks and trying to ensure that all accounts I need to be opened are and that the one's that I don't are...well, somewhere on the desk of my last job. I am steeped in payroll duties (just love to use that word, sorry) and trying my best to learn how to use Quick Books Pro. No, it isn't difficult, I'm just a, shall we say, casual learner when it comes to such things. Casual as in slow, in order to, er, enjoy (yeah that's it) the whole process. A casual learner, that's the ticket.

Going to keep things short today. No rants, Russ pretty much took care of that for me. Speaking of which, before I sign off, I would like to advise any of my fellow bookstore owners in wait to find yourself a Russ and keep him for all eternity. There is nothing more welcoming than a qualified mind running like buckshot all over creation on your behalf. He may not have much luck with Outlook, but he sure can wrangle some attention.

According to Russ, I need more pictures. So, here you go. Cheers and keep the coffee coming!


--zach

1 comment:

Russ said...

isn't there a book association number? or something...

need more numbers.

more. numbers.